Nitin is an entrepreneur. He came to Oregon as a Software Engineer at Mentor Graphics after having worked for three software startups in Silicon Valley and Seattle. Nitin utilized his background to raise $20 million in angel and venture capital for First Insight and in 2010 exited his investors via buy-back of their shares. He is currently President and CEO of First Insight Corporation, a Hillsboro, Oregon based software company which he founded in 1994. First Insight leads the eye-care industry in electronic medical records, practice management and e-commerce products for independent optometrists and ophthalmologists with its flagship product − MaximEyes.
Since 2007 Nitin has been an active angel investor, mentor and is a founding charter member and President of the Board of TiE Oregon. In this role he has grown TiE to a full-fledged angel investment group with a successful mentoring program and launched several education and incubator programs. Nitin is currently serving as TiE Angels Oregon’s Chair and in this role has led the group to over $5 million in investments in 28 startups.
Nitin holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from Dalhousie University (Halifax, Canada).
BOARDS & MENTORSHIP
- President and Chair of TiE Oregon , TiE Angels Oregon, TYE (TiE Youth Entrepreneurs)
- Led TiE Angels Group to invest $5M in 28 startups since 2011
- Personally invested in 18 of those startups
- 4 exits: Geoloqi (sold to Esri), Appthwak (sold to Amazon), Globe Sherpa (sold to RideScount), Zapproved (Private Equity)
- 3 women and minority led startups (Geoloqi, GlobeShepa and Zapproved)
- Member of Board of Directors at: Chirpify, EdCalibur, GlobeSherpa (Sold to RideScout), CloudEngage and Mobile RQ
Nitin’s #1 piece of advice to budding entrepreneurs: “Quit your job and put some skin in the game before you raise capital!"